Monday, February 22, 2010

Ah, the day in the life of a librarian

I have been library quote-y lately. (Probably because I have been reading, This Book is Overdue: How Librarians and Cybrarians Can Save Us All! I have had friends look at me in awe (let me interpret their looks as I wish, thank you...) and say something along the lines, but do not quote me verbatim, of "Why, Ericka...how well versed you have become in the wisdom of those who have searched before you." And it is true. I have become a walking quote-book of useless, but entertaining, library quotes.

Two of my favorite

"...It's azaming, as hard as we work at making ourselves popular with these people, we still have them come in and stand diffidently at our desk and say, "Well, I dont want to interrupt, but..." To which I reply, 'If you don't interrupt me I dont have a job.' "- quoted from' a special librarian' in an article by Robert. S. Taylor

"As a librarian I don't know everything but I know how to find out anything." - Anonymous but I think is going on my next, and first, home-made library t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment