Saturday, February 13, 2010

RSS Feeds

Wow! It only took me five days to get this done (and completely understand it....thanks to my boss:) ) So, I chose to go with Option number one and I subscribed to the good ole' Google Reader. I did this last Monday, so imagine my dismay when I realized there were ADDITIONAL steps. I subscribed to multiple feeds, but a few were: The New Yorker, Annoyed Librarian Blog, and the Library Journal. I chose these because they are sites I frequent often and it will be such a relief to get updates all in one convenient place:) It is weeks like these that I am very grateful for 23 things. Even though I was brought up with technology at my fingertips and I consider myself at least decently skilled with web tools, there is always something that I can learn. I have seen and read RSS feeds everyday....but didn't know I truly did not understand them until after this assignment. Thank you 23 things! (I don't know if I will be so thankful during Cloud Computing week...uh oh!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I love your site (especially the floating fishes)! Cloud computing will be fun. It's all about collaborating. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete