Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fellow Tweeps: Welcome to the Twitosphere!

Well, hello there! Let us indulge in the joy of micro-blogging by first reviewing some Twitter Terms, shall we?

Tweet-speak - The vernacular for Tweeple! (Don't start worrying until your computer recognizes these terms as being spelled correctly. Yipes!)

Ah, so here we are in week seven and have arrived at the infamous Twitter! I first invested in a Twitter account because I was informed that I may have been "overusing" my update status on facebook. But low and behold I found an instant networking site! As a writer I am able to get updates on contests for journals and submission opportunities, as a reader I get press releases for amazing new reads and as a Librarian I get updates of the happenings and trends of fellow colleagues and librarys. I was hooked.

I admit that I do not use my account as much as I should, but I am trying to incorporate it more into my everyday web use. I am thrilled to be able to contribute and learn in the Twitterness.

That's it for now, tweethearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment